the past is a strange place
cops on bikes used to transport criminals like this
this guy worked as an alarm for waking people up
one wheel motorcycle
pin-boys who manually lined pins up
baby cage for families who wanted their kids to get enough sunlight
zoo-keeper showering a penguin
But who woke up the guy that woke everyone else up
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.
These are probably some of the most powerful pictures I’ve ever seen and some hit close to home.
People are being beaten, shot with bullets and tear gassed.
Giving blood to those bleeding in the protest is not allowed
Proper treatment to the injured isn’t being given.
At least three people are dead and over 300 have been injured in clashes between police and anti-government protesters in Pakistan’s capital, Islamabad.
For Further information:
Live Streams from the Protests in Islamabad (Urdu):
- Important Update via Al Jazeera: Pakistan army intervenes in political crisis
- The Express Tribune: The Umpire Strikes Back
- Dawn: When failure is victory
- Lal Khan’s Columns for the Daily Times
- Newsweek: Police Clash with PTI/PAT Protesters in Islamabad
- Dawn: Violent Clashes Continue as Protesters Surround Parliament
- AFP: 230 injured as police clash with protesters in Islamabad
- Reuters: Pressure mounts on Pakistan leader to quit as protests continue
- The New York Times: Pakistan, Its Own Worst Enemy (opinion piece, take with a pinch of salt)
- The Wall Street Journal: Police, Protesters Clash Near Pakistan Prime Minister’s Residence
- The Washington Post: Did a ‘soft coup’ just happen in Pakistan?
- Guardian: Political crisis in Pakistan as media, politics and the military join the fray
- BBC News: Pakistan protesters clash with Islamabad police
- The Telegraph: Police clash with protesters trying to storm Pakistan PM’s house
- Al Jazeera English: Pakistan crisis: scores injured in protests